[Skip to Content]
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
September 10, 1932

PARIS

JAMA. 1932;99(11):927-928. doi:10.1001/jama.1932.02740630053022

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

The New Site for the Paris Faculty of Medicine  For a number of years, the lack of space for the growing needs of the laboratories and the constant increase in the number of students at the Faculté de médecine de Paris has made a change of site more and more imperative. The Rockefeller Foundation donated, some time ago, 150,000,000 francs ($6,000,000) for the purpose, on condition that the central government would contribute an equal sum. All that remained to do was to decide on the new site, which would have to be large and yet not too far distant from the residential sections of Paris, to take account of the needs of the professors and their pupils. That is a double requirement difficult to realize. A preliminary meeting was recently held at the ministry of public instruction, under the chairmanship of the minister himself, which was attended by Professor Balthazard,

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×