[Skip to Content]
Access to paid content on this site is currently suspended due to excessive activity being detected from your IP address 34.232.62.209. Please contact the publisher to request reinstatement.
[Skip to Content Landing]
Other Articles
August 5, 1939

Government Services

JAMA. 1939;113(6):520. doi:10.1001/jama.1939.02800310058018

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

New Naval Medical Center  Ground-breaking ceremonies were held for the new Naval Medical Center on the Rockville Pike at Bethesda, Md., June 29. The $4,850,000 project includes a new naval hospital, medical school, dental school, quarters for personnel, nurses and hospital corpsmen and subsidiary buildings. When completed, the new center will accommodate the navy facilities now situated in Washington. Rear Admiral Perceval S. Rossiter, formerly surgeon general of the navy, turned the first spadeful of dirt in the ceremonies. Directly across the Rockville Pike from the medical center are the new National Institute of Health and the National Cancer Institute.

Henry Ford Donates Hospital Site  A new Veterans' Administration hospital has been completed at Dearborn, Mich. Erected at a cost of $1,500,000, the new 351 bed consolidated hospital and regional office is situated on a thirty-eight acre tract of land donated by Mr. and Mrs. Henry Ford. General medical and

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×