This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
The author is eminently qualified to write about Rush Medical College. He was the dean for many years and for many additional years was a prominent member of the faculty; he is also a past president of the American Medical Association, as other Rush faculty members have been. Rush Medical College grew up with Chicago, having received its charter from the state of Illinois in 1837, a few days before a charter was granted to the city of Chicago. In this small volume are pictures of the various locations of the college, which changed as the city grew; one of these changes was necessitated by the great Chicago fire in 1871. Rush finally was located on the west side at Wood and Harrison streets, across from Cook County Hospital, where many of its graduates vied in strenuous examinations for internships. Here the buildings stand today, along with the Central Free
The Story of Rush Medical College. JAMA. 1954;154(16):1395–1396. doi:10.1001/jama.1954.02940500075036
* * SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE * *
The JAMA Network Sites will be conducting routine maintenance from 10/20/2017 through 10/21/2017. During this window access to content and authentication may be intermittently available. The JAMA Store will be completely unavailable during the maintenance window.