[Skip to Content]
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
October 9, 1948

Children's Hospital [Denver]: A History of Achievement and Progress from 1910 to 1947

JAMA. 1948;138(6):462. doi:10.1001/jama.1948.02900060066031

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

In 1897 a small outdoor clinic housed in tents operated during the summer months in Denver for deserving children without fee. The clinic was closed the following year on account of the Spanish-American War, but in 1906 the project was revived by a group of resourceful women who raised the funds. In 1908 articles of incorporation were signed by four members of the group under the name of the Children's Hospital Association. Thus was originated the great Children's Hospital of Denver. The author reviews the history of this institution as written by Mrs. George Packard, up to 1934, and brings the history on through the year 1944. He points out the steady growth from a small beginning into a 250 bed hospital with clinics, laboratories, libraries, blood bank, isolation unit, training school for nurses, physical therapy, occupational therapy and social service and the Boettcher School which offers educational opportunities to

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×