[Skip to Content]
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
September 8, 1956

GOVERNMENT SERVICES

JAMA. 1956;162(2):128. doi:10.1001/jama.1956.02970190044013

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

AIR FORCE 

New Air Force Hospital.—  The newest of the United States Air Force's medical treatment facilities, a 50-bed hospital, was dedicated at Kindley Air Force Base in Bermuda on June 21, 1956. This is a permanently constructed two-story concrete structure, incorporating many of the newest developments in hospital planning. The principal guest speakers at the dedication ceremony were Dr. Frank B. Berry, Assistant Secretary of Defense (Health and Medical); Lieut. Gen. Sir John Wood-all, governor of Bermuda; and Major Gen. William H. Powell, deputy surgeon general of the U.S. Air Force. Also attending the ceremony were Rear Adm. B. E. Bradley, deputy surgeon general of the U.S. Navy; Dr. Wilburt C. Davison, dean of the Duke University Medical School; Col. George W. Peterson, commander of Kindley Air Force Base; Major Ignatius Stein, commander of the hospital; many local dignitaries; and members of the Air Force surgeon general's staff and

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×