[Skip to Content]
Access to paid content on this site is currently suspended due to excessive activity being detected from your IP address 34.238.248.103. Please contact the publisher to request reinstatement.
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
June 28, 1958

MEDICAL NEWS

JAMA. 1958;167(9):1128-1133. doi:10.1001/jama.1958.02990260070019
Abstract

CALIFORNIA 

Gift for Memorial Laboratories at Stanford.—  Establishment of the William A. Ross Memorial Laboratories in the Medical Center under construction on the Stanford University campus after an initial gift of $100,000 from Mr. Ross' widow, has been announced. Initially the laboratories will be devoted to heart research. They will be constructed in the department of medicine, headed by Dr. David A. Rytand, in the clinic building, one of five buildings in the first stage of Stanford Medical Center construction. Mr. Ross, who was president of Columbia Steel Company, died in 1949.

Society News.—  The California Society of Plastic Surgeons has elected the following officers: president, Dr. Gerald H. Gray, Oakland; vice-president, Dr. George V. Webster, Pasadena; historian, Dr. James B. Johnson, Beverly Hills; and secretary-treasurer, Dr. Richard A. Shepard, Oakland.— East Bay Psychiatric Association officers for 1958 are as follows: Dr. William M. McGaughey, Oakland, president; Dr. Richard L.

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×