[Skip to Navigation]
Article
September 12, 1959

MEDICAL NEWS

JAMA. 1959;171(2):226-231. doi:10.1001/jama.1959.03010200094015
Abstract

ALABAMA 

New Headquarters Building.—  After 10 years of renting and borrowing space, the Medical Association of the State of Alabama is now housed in a one-story building at 19 S. Jackson St., Montgomery. The association's staff moved into the 5,000 square foot building Feb. 26. The property on which the building is erected consists of two lots containing 17,000 square feet located in the vicinity of St. Margaret's Hospital, about two blocks behind the State Capitol. Drs. Luther L. Hill, Montgomery, chairman, Edgar G. Givhan, Birmingham, William R. Carter, Repton, Douglas L. Cannon, Montgomery, and Daniel G. Gill, Montgomery, served on the building committee. Serving in an ex-officio capacity were Drs. Justus M. Barnes, Montgomery, and Robert Parker, Montgomery, and Executive Secretary Mr. William A. Dozier Jr. This building is of hollow tile and brick construction, and is faced in oriental charcoal gray bricks and trimmed in limestone. The front

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×