[Skip to Content]
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
April 2, 1960

MEDICAL NEWS

JAMA. 1960;172(14):1532-1539. doi:10.1001/jama.1960.03020140068017
Abstract

CALIFORNIA 

Dedicate Rehabilitation Institute in Los Angeles.—  The principal speakers for dedication of the new one-million-dollar rehabilitation center at Cedars of Lebanon Hospital, Los Angeles, March 31 were Dr. Howard A. Rusk, New York City, director, Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, New York University—Bellevue Medical Center, and Dr. Henry H. Kessler, director, Kessler Institute for Physical Rehabilitation, West Orange, N. J. Under construction since September, 1958, the center will provide facilities for treating arthritis, multiple sclerosis, poliomyelitis, and other disabling diseases and accidents. Financed through community support in addition to $405,000 in federal and state Hill-Burton funds, there will be a capacity of 250 patients per day, triple the present daily patient average, according to Dr. John H. Aldes, director of the rehabilitation center. Named for Ben H. Meyer, late president of the Union Bank of Los Angeles and a former president of Cedars, the 20,000 square foot structure

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×