Chloroform ingestion in sufficient quantity to produce severe hepatic damage and coma occurred in a 19-year-old boy who participated in a "chloroform party." Physicians and public health authorities should be aware that chloroform sniffing is a new fad, and young people should be informed of its potentially lethal consequences.
Storms WW. Chloroform Parties. JAMA. 1973;225(2):160. doi:10.1001/jama.1973.03220290048012
Customize your JAMA Network experience by selecting one or more topics from the list below.