A CONSENSUS Development Conference was arranged by the Swedish Medical Research Council and the Institute for Health Care Planning, May 12 to 14, 1982, in Stockholm. The aim of the conference was to seek agreement on the safety and efficacy of total hip-joint replacement (THR) as well as its social and economic implications.
On the first two days of the conference, experts in orthopedic surgery and other relevant fields presented scientific evidence before a consensus development panel and members of the audience concerning the following key questions:
• What are the results of THR?
• What are the indications for THR?
• What are the principles guiding selection of procedures and devices for THR?
• What are the problems related to revision surgery for THR in Sweden?
• How available is THR in Sweden?
• What are the scientific priorities for future research on THR?
Total hip-joint replacement is a
Total Hip-Joint Replacement in Sweden. JAMA. 1982;248(15):1822–1824. doi:10.1001/jama.1982.03330150022004
Customize your JAMA Network experience by selecting one or more topics from the list below.
Create a personal account or sign in to: