This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
TAKE CHARGE of Your Diabetes, updated guidelines for persons with diabetes, is available on the World-Wide Web site of CDC's Division of Diabetes Translation, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, at http:// www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/ ddt/tcoyd.htm. This document provides information about the value of teamwork to control glucose, community and family support, and steps to help promote health and prevent complications.
Additional information about diabetes is available from web sites of the following organizations:
• CDC's National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Diabetes Translation—http://www.cdc.gov/diabetes
• CDC's National Center for Health Statistics—http://www.cdc.gov/ nchswww/nchshome.htm
• Department of Veterans Affairs—http://www.va.gov/health/diabetes
• Health Resources and Services Administration—http://www.hrsa.dhhs. gov
• Indian Health Service—http:// www.ihs.gov/IHSmain.html
• National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases of the National Institutes of Health—http://www.niddk. nih.gov
• Office of Minority Health, US Department of Health and
Availability of Diabetes Information on the Internet. JAMA. 1997;278(19):1565. doi:10.1001/jama.1997.03550190029019
Customize your JAMA Network experience by selecting one or more topics from the list below.