[Skip to Content]
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
May 16, 1908

AN INEXPENSIVE DAY CAMP FOR CONSUMPTIVES.

JAMA. 1908;L(20):1614. doi:10.1001/jama.1908.02530460038010
Abstract

The Mattapan Day Camp,1 opened by the Boston Association for the Relief and Control of Tuberculosis on June 5, 1907, and closed on Feb. 1, 1908, is remarkable as showing what can be done with meager equipment. It consisted of a lean-to kitchen with pantry, having a laundry and wood and coal room attached, a dining tent, and five small tents, of which two were used as rest tents for the more ailing patients, one was a women's dressing room, another was occupied by the caretaker and the fifth was used as a storage room. There was also a shack, 10 by 18 feet, for the matron's use and for medical quarters. The laboratory consisted of a table with a shelf holding an ordinary paper pail with 6 feet of rubber tubing attached, and an ordinary iron pail for a sink. A sputum incinerator was constructed from a cast-iron

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×