[Skip to Content]
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
November 14, 1908

Nitrite Poisoning from Ingestion of Bismuth Subnitrate.

JAMA. 1908;LI(20):1714. doi:10.1001/jama.1908.02540200062013

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

New York, Nov. 2, 1908.

To the Editor:  —Your editorial in regard to the danger from absorption of nitrites in the administration of large doses of bismuth subnitrate is very much to the point. To obviate this danger I have been employing the hydrated bismuth oxid for the past year with good results. The ingestion of this compound results in bismuth and water after passing into the intestines and is harmless even in large doses such as are required for Roentgenologic work.

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×