[Skip to Content]
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
September 16, 1893

THE ARMY MEDICAL EXHIBIT AT THE WORLD'S FAIR.

JAMA. 1893;XXI(12):423-424. doi:10.1001/jama.1893.02420640027003

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

The exhibits of the Medical Department of the United States Army are in charge of Captain Louis A. La Garde, Assistant Surgeon, U. S. Army. They are contained in a regulation post hospital, of eighteen beds, and in a field hospital adjoining.

The Regulation Hospital.  —This structure is built of frame and staff. It is divided into a ward and the administration part. The latter has two stories, having four rooms upstairs and five downstairs. In the original plan, the latter furnish rooms for kitchen, dining-room, store-room, dispensary and post surgeon's office. The ward is a large room, 56×24, leading from the main hall of the administration building.As the exhibition of one or two beds would illustrate the pattern of bed and bedding used in army hospitals, it was not considered advisable to have more than a sample or two of beds in the ward, and the rest of

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×