[Skip to Content]
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
February 28, 1914

Medical News

JAMA. 1914;LXII(9):706-712. doi:10.1001/jama.1914.02560340048024

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA  Washington

Women's Clinic Opens.  —A women's auxiliary clinic has recently been opened at 1716 Thirteenth Street, N. W. The object of the institution is the treatment of women who are unable to engage the services of an outside physician.

Red Cross Building.  —Plans for a Red Cross building in memory of the women nurses of the Civil War have been approved by the commission appointed by Congress to select a site. The property selected is that bounded by Seventeenth and Eighteenth Streets and D and E Streets, and is between the Corcoran Gallery of Art and Continental Hall. The plans provide for two stories and basement, an assembly hall on the first floor, a large museum in the basement and numerous offices. There is now available a fund of $700 000, $300,000 appropriated by Congress and $400,000 contributed by individuals.

ILLINOIS 

Personal.  —Dr. William A. Cochran, Danville,

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×