[Skip to Content]
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
January 13, 1906

SAFETY PIN SAFELY PASSED BY CHILD OF SIXTEEN MONTHS.

Author Affiliations

TARKIO, MO.

JAMA. 1906;XLVI(2):121. doi:10.1001/jama.1906.62510290041003b

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

In The Journal of Nov. 25, 1905, Dr. L. W. Littig reported a case of a child eleven months old who swallowed a safety pin one and one-eighth inches in length and passing it in a few hours less than five days. No inconvenience was suffered and no treatment was given. Some time since I had an experience much the same with a child sixteen months old. In my case the safety pin swallowed was one and one-fourth inches long, open, and three-fourths of an inch wide at the angle of opening. The safety pin was swallowed at noon on Saturday and on the following Thursday at 9 a. m. it was passed. The child did not suffer and no treatment was given.

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×