This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
C. H. M., male, aged 52, came to this city from his home in Idaho to visit relatives. While here he complained of severe headache most of the time. Not getting relief from ordinary "headache pills" and "headache powders," he went to one of the local drug stores and bought an ounce of acetanilid in powder, bulk, took it to the hotel at which he was stopping, and took what he said was a half teaspoonful. He was relieved of his headache in a short time, and in about two hours went down town to do some shopping. As he was walking down town he noticed that he was weak, but paid no attention to it. He went into a barber shop for a shave, and scared the barber by his "terrible blueness," as the barber expressed it to me afterward. However, the barber shaved him, and felt very much
TYRRELL JB. ACUTE ACETANILID POISONING. JAMA. 1906;XLVI(13):955. doi:10.1001/jama.1906.62510400033003a
Customize your JAMA Network experience by selecting one or more topics from the list below.
Create a personal account or sign in to: