[Skip to Content]
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
January 16, 1892

Medical Department of the University of Michigan.—

JAMA. 1892;XVIII(3):86. doi:10.1001/jama.1892.02411070026009

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

The first ward of the new hospital of the medical department of Michigan University, is now completed and will be formally opened by the Governor of the State, Jan. 20th. On this occasion an address, " The Hospital: an element and exponent of Medical Education," will be given by Albert L. Gihon, A.M., M.D., Medical Director, United States Navy. The hospital was designed by Chamberlain and Austin of Boston, and E. W. Arnold of Detroit, and is supplied with modern hospital appliances. The ward just completed contains clinical amphitheatre, consultation rooms, offices and accommodations for eighty patients. It has cost about eighty thousand dollars. The plan provides for three additional wards, the erection of one of which will be begun during the present year.

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×