[Skip to Content]
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
June 1992

Complete Recovery After Massive Ethylene Glycol Ingestion

Author Affiliations

From the Division of Renal Diseases (Dr Abuelo), Department of Internal Medicine (Drs Curtin and Kraner), and Rhode Island Poison Center (Mr Wine and Dr Savitt), Rhode Island Hospital, and Brown University Program in Medicine, Providence, Rl.

Arch Intern Med. 1992;152(6):1311-1313. doi:10.1001/archinte.1992.00400180155026
Abstract

We treated a 64-year-old man who recovered completely from a massive antifreeze ingestion with ethylene glycol levels well above those of previously described survivors. Rapid and aggressive treatment of the patient with recognized methods, including hemodialysis, resulted in the favorable outcome.

(Arch Intern Med. 1992;152:1311-1313)

×