This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
This clinic was founded in 1910 and was conducted by Professor Braunstein from 1910 to 1926, by Prof. P. P. Prokopenko from 1926 to 1928 and since 1932 by Dr. E. B. Rabkin.
The clinic was first transferred to the Professor Hirshman Memorial Eye Hospital. It had thirty beds and was equipped with all the latest instruments for clinical ophthalmology. A number of scientific questions were investigated, and work in social hygiene was also done.
In 1928 the eye clinic was merged with the Eye Clinic No. 1 of the Kharkof Medical Institute, and in 1932 it ceased to function as an independent clinic when it became the Ukrainian Ophthalmological Scientific Research Institute. Later it was again returned to the Kharkof Institute and now has been reorganized as Clinic No. 2 for Eye Diseases of the Kharkof Medical Institute. It has a good library, good laboratory facilities and
Knapp A. History of the Ophthalmologic Clinic No. 2 of the Kharkof Medical Institute, Kharkof, U. S. S. R.. Arch Ophthalmol. 1936;16(5):908. doi:10.1001/archopht.1936.00840230188019