[Skip to Content]
Access to paid content on this site is currently suspended due to excessive activity being detected from your IP address 35.175.191.72. Please contact the publisher to request reinstatement.
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
October 1939

News and Notes

Arch Ophthalmol. 1939;22(4):681. doi:10.1001/archopht.1939.00860100167018

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

GENERAL NEWS 

Ophthalmic Institute Opened.  —The Ophthalmic Institute of Puerto Rico, established in 1937 by Drs. Luis J. Fernandez-Garcia and Ricardo F. Fernandez in San Juan, recently moved into a new building in Puerta de Tierra, near San Juan. The new institute, built at a cost of about $70,000, has four floors. On the first are the offices ; on the second, private rooms and an operating suite ; on the third, wards, and on the fourth, living quarters for the resident staff. In the basement is a dispensary. Dr. Luis J. Fernandez-Garcia, a graduate of the University of Maryland School of Medicine in 1917, is director and chief surgeon, and Dr. Ricardo J. Fernandez, a graduate of George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, D. C., in 1931, is assistant surgeon.

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×