[Skip to Navigation]
Article
December 1939

News and Notes

Arch Ophthalmol. 1939;22(6):1097-1100. doi:10.1001/archopht.1939.00860120169013

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

GENERAL NEWS 

The Herman Knapp Memorial Eye Hospital.  —The Herman Knapp Memorial Eye Hospital at 500 West Fifty-Seventh Street, New York, will be taken over by the Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center and Columbia University on Jan. 1, 1940. The Hospital will close on that date, and the hospital activities and the care of the outpatient department will be continued by the Institute of Ophthalmology of the Presbyterian Hospital and the Vanderbilt Clinic. The assets and funds of the Knapp Memorial Eye Hospital, including the present building, will go to Columbia University to found the Knapp Memorial Foundation in Ophthalmology. The income is to be used for study, postgraduate teaching and fellowships. The foundation will be directed by a committee consisting of Dr. Arnold Knapp, Dr. Phillips Thygeson, executive officer of the department of ophthalmology of Columbia University, and Dr. Willard C. Rappleye, dean of the Columbia University College of Physicians and

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
Add or change institution
×