This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
Dedication of Library and Auditorium.
—The University of Oregon Medical School dedicated its new library and auditorium on June 7, 1940. A large bronze bas-relief of Dr. John E. Weeks in profile, the work of the eminent sculptor Gabriel Lavare, was presented by the many friends of Dr. Weeks. Beneath it is the following inscription:John E. Weeks, M.D., Sc.D. LL.D.WHOSE GENEROUS DONATION MADE POSSIBLE THIS BUILDINGPIONEER IN RESEARCHRESTORER OF SIGHTTEACHER OF TEACHERS"Labor Omnia Vincit"
Graduate Course in Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology.
—The fifteenth annual spring graduate course in ophthalmology and otolaryngology will be given at the Gill Memorial Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital in Roanoke, Va., April 7 to 12, 1941. The following guest speakers will appear on the program : Dr. LeRoy A. Schall, Boston ; Dr. Alfred Cowan, Philadelphia; Dr. Robert Groff, Philadelphia; Dr. J. H. Maxwell, Ann Arbor, Mich. ; Dr.
W. L. Benedict. News and Notes. Arch Ophthalmol. 1940;24(3):581. doi:10.1001/archopht.1940.00870030159018