[Skip to Navigation]
[Skip to Navigation Landing]
Article
May 1943

News and Notes

Arch Ophthalmol. 1943;29(5):845-846. doi:10.1001/archopht.1943.00880170165017

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

UNIVERSITY NEWS 

de Schweinitz Library Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.  —The recent opening of the de Schweinitz library in the University of Pennsylvania marked the inauguration of a memorial to Dr. George Edmund de Schweinitz, who was professor of ophthalmology at the University of Pennsylvania from 1902 until 1924.The library is a room approximately 20 by 40 feet, paneled in birch with a natural finish. At one end is a splendid portrait of Dr. de Schweinitz, done by Seyffert and presented to the medical school by the medical class of 1925. This portrait was fitted into the paneling of the wall, and the whole room was built around this portrait as a pivotal point. The library contains approximately 2,500 volumes.The library is designed for the use of all physicians and students of ophthalmology.

SOCIETY NEWS 

Medical Society of the State of New York.  —The Section on Ophthalmology

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×