[Skip to Navigation]
[Skip to Navigation Landing]
Article
September 1943

News and Notes

Arch Ophthalmol. 1943;30(3):378. doi:10.1001/archopht.1943.00880210102013

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

GENERAL NEWS 

Teaching Affiliation of New York Eye and Ear Infirmary.  —Teaching has been going on at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary since 1824, at which time an act of legislature was passed requesting the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary to accept for ophthalmic teaching one physician from every county in the state of New York. In the more recent past, Dr. John Weeks and Dr. George Dixon developed the teaching, and from this nucleus a group of the board of surgeons of the infirmary banded themselves into a postgraduate school. The courses varied in duration from an intensive course of one week to a more or less prolonged course of several months.The postgraduate and resident training at the infirmary has been under the auspices of Columbia University so far as the basic training courses were concerned for the past several years. In the very recent

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×