This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
This book is a compilation of a series of papers presented at a meeting in Switzerland in June, 1954, under the direction of Prof. G. Fanconi, Director of the Children's Hospital in Zurich. The major theme was a consideration of artificial respiration in the life-threatening forms of poliomyelitis.
Practical demonstrations of the newer methods and the theorectical considerations for their use were presented. The subjects were as follows:
(1) Short introduction to the physiology and pathophysiology of respiration with special regard for artificial breathing.
(2) The management of life-threatening poliomyelitis.
(3) Respiratory problems concerned with life-threatening paralysis of breathing.
(4) Technique in management of insufficient respiration in acute poliomyelitis.
(5) Respiratory physiology observed in artificial breathing in the management of tetanus.
(6) Modern management of severe tetanus.
(7) Desire and reality in the management of poliomyelitis in the Children's Hospital, Zurich.
In the various articles there is a discussion of
Die moderne Behandlung der Poliomyelitis im akuten Stadium. AMA Am J Dis Child. 1956;91(4):415–416. doi:10.1001/archpedi.1956.02060020417023
Customize your JAMA Network experience by selecting one or more topics from the list below.
Create a personal account or sign in to: