[Skip to Navigation]
Article
November 1969

Immunizations: Comprehensive Health Care and Changing Professional Roles

Author Affiliations

Columbus, Ohio
From the departments of pediatrics and preventive medicine (Drs. Ambuel and Ertel) and Pediatrics (Dr. Graham), Ohio State University College of Medicine; and the Children's Hospital (Drs. Ambuel, Graham, and Ertel, and Mrs. Grove), Columbus, Ohio.

Am J Dis Child. 1969;118(5):677-679. doi:10.1001/archpedi.1969.02100040679001
Abstract

IN THIS PAPER, we describe how a few simple procedures coupled with the appropriate administrative decisions can combine to produce a significant improvement in our capacity to immunize children, as we know we should, but have never accomplished in practice.

Our Children's Hospital outpatient department, with 80,000 visits in 1967, is geared to provide consultation services to a large area in central and southeastern Ohio, while providing total health care to a significant number of children who reside in Franklin County. It serves mainly children from low income families, but in its specialty and diagnostic clinics the hospital accepts some children of the upper socioeconomic classes on referral from their physician. The Children's Hospital is private and nonprofit, but serves as the main teaching facility of the Department of Pediatrics of the Ohio State University College of Medicine. The 32 general and specialty clinics operational during 1967 are all under

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×