• A case of acute athetosis in a child was found to be related to phenytoin toxicity. Symptoms were intermittent and coincided with drug administration. More common toxic effects were not noted on initial evaluation of the patient.
(Am J Dis Child 130:75-76, 1976)
Zinsmeister S, Marks RE. Acute Athetosis as a Result of Phenytoin Toxicity in a Child. Am J Dis Child. 1976;130(1):75–76. doi:10.1001/archpedi.1976.02120020077015
Customize your JAMA Network experience by selecting one or more topics from the list below.