• A 15½-year-old girl experienced anaphylactic shock, asthma, angioedema, and urticaria after eating a banana. Reagin-mediated hypersensitivity was demonstrated by direct skin tests, passive transfer tests, and the radioallergosorbent test.
(Am J Dis Child 130:207-209, 1976)
Linaweaver WE, Saks GL, Heiner DC. Anaphylactic Shock Following Banana Ingestion. Am J Dis Child. 1976;130(2):207–209. doi:10.1001/archpedi.1976.02120030097019
Coronavirus Resource Center
Customize your JAMA Network experience by selecting one or more topics from the list below.
Create a personal account or sign in to: