[Skip to Content]
Access to paid content on this site is currently suspended due to excessive activity being detected from your IP address 34.237.51.35. Please contact the publisher to request reinstatement.
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
August 1983

Survival After Acute Mercury Vapor Poisoning: Role of Intensive Supportive Care

Author Affiliations

From the Departments of Rehabilitation Medicine (Dr Jaffe) and Pediatrics (Drs Jaffe, Shurtleff and Robertson), University of Washington School of Medicine and The Children's Orthopedic Hospital and Medical Center, Seattle.

Am J Dis Child. 1983;137(8):749-751. doi:10.1001/archpedi.1983.02140340033008
Abstract

• An 8-month-old girl with acute mercury vapor intoxication experienced pneumonitis with respiratory failure, bilateral pneumothorax, pneumomediastinum, acute renal failure, hepatocellular dysfunction, and seizures. Treatment centered on intensive supportive care; her survival is exceptional among infants with severe mercury intoxication.

(Am J Dis Child 1983;137:749-751)

×