This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
This volume presents a miscellany of 32 papers read at the Third Scientific Symposium of the Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr. Foundation held in Boston in 1966. A list of the eight sections in which the editor has arranged the contributions may serve as an adequate index of content:
1. Genetics of Mental Retardation;
2. Problems of Neurogenesis;
3. Nutrition and the Development of Nervous Systems;
4. Deprivation Factors in Mental Retardation;
5. Biological Basis of Learning;
6. Operant Techniques in Mental Retardation;
7. Rehabilitation in Mental Retardation;
8. Physical Performances of the Mentally Retarded.
Authors include some of the most prominent individuals within their respective areas of research endeavor. Nevertheless, as the editor wisely acknowledges at the outset, a certain unevenness in the form and content of the various contributions could not be avoided.
The Kennedy Foundation deserves special commendation for the enlarged scope